As we approach the latter end of the season, it seems like a great time to consider slipping away for an exhilarating weekend of fresh powder. If you haven’t found time to hit the slopes yet this year don’t sweat it! There’s still time and the end of the ski season is arguably the best time of year to head out with the resorts offering their most enticing deals. Depending on the week you book, there’s a chance you can miss most of the crowd since many families don’t travel while the kids are in school.
If you have the resources and find yourself with the time to get away over the next couple of months, here are the best ski resorts on the continent that you deserve to experience firsthand:
British Columbia, Canada
- Whistler Blackcomb
- The beautiful scenery and picturesque mountains of British Columbia are home to two of the best ski resorts in the Western Hemisphere. Whistler Blackcomb, the self-stylized Ultimate Playground, generally gets the most snow during March. Christine’s offers on-site fine dining with a stunning view of the surrounding peaks. An extensive list of activities are offered at the resort including hiking, skiing, snowboarding, snowmobile rentals, plus a massive ski-village to explore in the evenings.
- Revelstoke is the other breathtaking resort to consider visiting in BC, and it offers an extended season that can last into May. With the most vertical drop in North America, this resort is the clear choice for any ski enthusiast. The Sutton Place Hotel has the premier accommodations with a day spa, bar, and all of the expected amenities including world class on-site dining. If you’re looking for something a bit more intense, both resorts also offer heli-skiing as a premium option.
Colorado, United States
- The state of Colorado isn’t short on ski resorts but we can help narrow down that daunting list for you. Vail is more of the traditional luxury ski resort option nestled between the Gore and Sawatch mountain ranges. The resort offers multiple on-site fine dining options, such as The 10th and the super swanky Game Creek, along with an indulgent spa experience from RockResorts Spa.
- While many ski resorts are akin to a ski village, Aspen is more like a ski city. Stay Aspen Snowmass, the official reservation center, handles bookings for all the accommodations in the area but we suggest you consider The Gant or Hotel Jerome. The benefit of going with these facilities is having many of the on-site services one would expect at a luxury ski resort, including concierge to and from the lifts, but if you’re looking for a more intimate escape on the mountain, renting a vehicle and one of the private estates may suit you.
Utah, United States
- Eagle Point
- A collection of the best ski resorts in North America wouldn’t be complete without mentioning Eagle Point. There are over six-hundred acres of ski area and a full range of runs suitable for beginners up to experts. While it may not be as glitzy or intense as the previous options, the ability to rent a cozy, quiet cabin and retreat into the secluded mountains may better suit the occasion. The resort also offers an on-site bar and grill to keep you sustained while on the mountain.