We’ve been sharing some fun summer travel ideas with you for the last couple of months, but today let’s dive into something a bit more adventurous. One of the most exhilarating feelings in the world is witnessing first-hand the majestic wild beasts of the African savanna in their natural habitat. It is easily one of the best ways to reconnect with nature, and the beauty and grace of the serene landscapes is sure to center anyone that spends some quality time on them.
Let’s look at three of the best luxury safaris available to discerning travelers in South Africa:
- The family-run Londolozi Private Game Reserve, located on the Sand River in the Greater Kruger National Park, is world-renowned for their conservation efforts. People come from all over the globe to catch a rare glimpse of the “big five”: the lion, leopard, rhinoceros, elephant, and Cape buffalo.
- Londolozi features several camps to choose from, spread over a sprawling expanse of protected habitats entrusted to their care. At Varty Camp, you can spend time reconnecting with nature and rediscovering yourself at Healing House. You will be able to take tours of breathtaking landmarks like Victoria Falls and have expert trackers bring you into the heart of the savanna to get a firsthand encounter with the wildlife.
- Lion Sands Game Reserve
- The Sabi Sand game reserve is home of Lion Sands, which is regarded as one of the best safaris in all of Africa. It is located in the Mpumalanga province, two hours from Cape Town and about an eight hour flight from Johannesburg. For a luxury resort experience, you can stay at the River Lodge, which offers fine dining and luxury spa treatments.
- On the other hand, if you’re feeling even more adventurous, the scenic tree-houses offer the unique ability to sleep under the stars out in the bush for an experience unlike anything else on Earth. Sands, simply put, is a one-of-a-kind adventure that you’ll never forget and talk about for the rest of your life.
- Royal Malewane
- Voted one of the top 20 resorts in the world by Conde Nast, the Royal Malewane resort in Thornybush Game Reserve puts you right into nature with the elegance and comfort of one of the finest luxury hotels in the world. The classic and timeless elegance of the suites and their panoramic views do justice to their Royal Portfolio namesake.
- The premier safaris and wildlife experiences will connect you with mighty animals only seen in zoos throughout the rest of the world, all without compromising safety or comfort. The award-winning Royal Malewane is one of the finest travel experiences available to those daring enough to pursue it.