Have you ever been lounging around on the beach and wishing you had the place all to yourself? We definitely know the feeling. There’s nothing worse than losing yourself in the tranquil zen of an idyllic island paradise only to have it interrupted by a random screeching toddler or rowdy group of people encroaching on your little slice of heaven. While many of the more upscale resorts try to afford more privacy and discretion, there’s just no substitute to the spectacular unsullied majesty of a private island resort where you can have exclusive access to the most picturesque beaches without worrying about being interrupted by uninvited guests. Here’s three of our favorites that are worth considering the next time you want to find yourself castaway on a remote island while having the luxury of not having to fight for your own survival.
Check out these private island resorts for blissful beach life:
- Calala Island – Nicaragua
- This jewel of the Caribbean features just four double occupancy suites on the entire island and is one of the few resorts that allows a guest to book the entire island for themselves. Even if you only opt to rent a single suite, there’s only a maximum of 6 other guests on the island and the plentiful staff will cater to your every need. Gourmet meals, beach-side tiki bars, and exotic marine life will all be nearby, so when you finish lounging on the powdery beaches or swimming in the crystalline waters, you can just let the staff know what you need or get acquainted with the endangered Hawkbill turtles that are also seeking refuge on the tropical hideaway.
- Jumby Bay Island – Antigua
- Two miles off the coast of Antigua in the West Indies, you’ll find the breathtaking Jumby Bay, which is only reachable by boat. The resort features forty rooms and villas, so it’s not quite as exclusive as Calala Island, but it’s more affordable if you want to make the compromise. The rooms are quaint and serviceable, but the villas are truly spectacular and the beaches are easily some of the finest we’ve seen in any tropical setting. You can explore the reefs and sandbars surrounding the island to pass the time and when you need refreshments the island has a decent array of restaurants and bars to cater to your tastes.
- Laucala Island – Fiji
- Fiji is its own world hidden away on this Earth we all occupy, and stashed away on *it* is one of the most exclusive resorts in the world, Laucala Island. This sprawling 3,500 acre private island resort features 25 villas sporting the aesthetic styling found throughout Fiji and feature some of the most interesting tropical scenery in the world. The lush green mountains, rain forests, and sparkling waters make the island feel truly unrivaled and the architecture and design of the facilities may well ruin any traditional island resorts for you. There’s even a championship 18 hole golf course running through the island. What more could you want?