One of the easier to overlook details of dressing the part of a sophisticated and stylish man has to be picking the appropriate footwear. We all have our go-to favorites for comfy sneakers and casual-wear, but when it’s time to get down to business, it can be a challenge to find the perfect pair of shoes. With so many different colors and styles to choose from it’s easy to get lost in the options, but don’t sweat it.
here’s the the rundown on our favorite brands of formal shoes and how to pair them
- Romano Martegani
- The ever stylish and elegant Romano Martegani Asti Baby Alligator are some of the finest Italian shoes money can buy. The low-cut glossy sheen of these supple leather loafers are quite the status symbol and will have onlookers green as a gator with envy. These are great for any formal event or meeting and pair superbly with a quality black sports coat or blazer.
- Paul Parkman
- For fans of earth-tones, Paul Parkman’s Brown Genuine Python Derby Shoes are a great match. It is important to note that these shoes are made to order and will take a couple of weeks to get ready for you, but the upside is you can choose from different materials, styles, and color profiles to match any outfit. If you enjoy the craftsmanship, they offer a full selection of exotic skins ranging from iguana to ostrich and calfskin.
- John Lobb
- One of the United Kingdom’s most renowned luxury shoe brands, John Lobb specializes in comfortable footwear that doesn’t sacrifice style or durability. They offer a wide variety of colors and styles from loafers to boots. In addition, if you want something exceptionally unique, they can work with you to create a custom pair of boots or shoes that will be truly one-of-a-kind.
- Salvatore Ferragamo
- If you find yourself looking for something different than the status quo, Salvatore Ferragamo may offer the unique take on style you need. The Woven Oxford Shoes come in black or beige with a stylish cord sole that will have you standing out from the crowd. They match perfectly with a beige blazer and some light earth tones or khakis.
- Edward Green
- Another one of England’s legendary shoemakers, Edward Green’s Clapham mink suede shoes are a nice rich chocolate color that would look excellent with a green or beige sports coat or be right at home in the boardroom or at the clubhouse. A great addition to any collection, they are the epitome of understated elegance, sophistication, and style.