Sea salt sprays have really exploded in the personal care scene with the trend that seems here to stay – sexy, beachy hair. Not only can you transform your look instantly, you can do so much with sea salt sprays: create texture, mattify oily hair, and make yourself look effortlessly styled.
But to stay on-trend with the beachy hair movement you can easily get lost in the “sea” of sprays available.
Learn more about how Sea Salt Sprays work, tips on how to use them, and find out which brands perform the best by our male staff:
- What are sea salt sprays?
- Sea salt sprays aren’t just a bottle of sea water – oh no, they are much more than that. They are special formulations that give you the perfect beach waves, or, if you have short hair, they give you nice texture and definition. While you can get nice beachy waves or texture from taking a dip in the ocean, you may not exactly have time for that before work or in between meetings.
- But the great thing is, you don’t have to. These salty products popping up everywhere let you skip the beach altogether (and the sunscreen)! Plus, they are developed with ingredients like natural extracts, oils, and various other infusions that strengthen and protect hair.
- How do I use sea salt sprays?
- Simply spritz over damp or dry hair for the sexiest beach hair ever. What is so fabulous about these products is they are perfect for any hair type: straight, wavy, curly, coiled, or tightly coiled. When using on wet or damp hair, you can let it air dry or use a blow dryer or diffuser to gently set the waves. For even more bounce or lift when you use these sprays, keep shampooing to every other day or less, depending upon your hair’s oiliness.
Which sea salt sprays are the best?
We have to admit, we are kind of partial when it comes to our grooming products, and sea salt sprays are no exception. After trying out a few on Amazon, we have decided we like these ones the best.
- Blind Barber’s ’40 Proof’ spray
Price: Under $20 for 6 oz
- Beachy texture and volume are just a spritz away with this special formulation by Blind Barber. It’s infused with protein-packed hops to prevent dandruff and strengthen hair and scented with tonka bean, a complex fragrance with notes of vanilla, cherry, almond, and spice. Not only will you have the most coveted hair texture, people won’t be able to figure out what that delicious scent is coming from it. Plus, it’s cruelty-free, paraben, and sulfate free!
- Sachejuan’s ‘Ocean Mist’ Spray
Price: Under $15 for 1.7 oz
- For surf-free hair in a bottle, we also recommend Sachejuan’s ‘Ocean Mist’ sea salt spray. While hard to pronounce, this product makes doing your hair quick and easy and gives it a nice fragrance. We also like that it’s free of those nasty parabens, silicones, and sulphates and that it provides a matte finish, so it won’t weigh the hair down. But don’t just take our word for it- Marie Claire, Hair Magazine, and Nylon Beauty Hit List has given it rave reviews.
- Murdock London’s ‘Sea Salt Spray’
Price: Under $40 for 5.1 oz
- Crafted in England, this luxurious sea salt spray by Murdock London provides a matte finish with citrusy scents of tangerine, orange, grapefruit, and lemon. It’s formulated with natural sea salts, coriander seed oil, and Litsea Cubeba Fruit Oil, an ancient Chinese remedy used for thousands of years.