There are but a few luxuries in this life we can afford ourselves quite like the blissful pairing of an exquisite cognac with a choice cigar. The layers and complexities of rare spices and perfectly-aged, fermented fruits mingling gracefully with rich woody smoke of premium tobaccos intertwine into a divinely elevated experience. If you’ve found yourself pondering your next acquisition of fine cognac, allow us to clear the smoke with a selection of our favorite fine spirits.
5 Fine Cognacs to Pair With a Premium Cigar
- Jacques Denis, Très vieille Grande Champagne
- The dark mahogany hue of this cognac sets it apart from the pack. The fruity and floral aroma is embellished with traces of vanilla to create a complex and genuinely unique flavor profile that engages well with a sweet cigar.
- Paul Beau, The Hors d’Age
- The understated elegance of this dark cognac has not gone without recognition. Awarded eight medals in the last eighteen years, the commitment to excellence assures a consistent quality for years to come. Notes of cherry and cocoa finish with a lingering taste of tobacco and nutmeg to pair well with any quality smoke.
- Roullet, Fins Bois Réserve de Famille
- A bright and fiery amber aura radiates from this exquisite nectar. The citrus and woody overtones perform amicably with delayed notes of dark chocolate that blend perfectly with the rich ambiance of a cigar with a similarly rich profile.
- HINE, TALENT
- The history and atmosphere embodied by the collection of fine spirits from HINE are recognized the world over as some of the finest cognacs ever distilled. Each carafe of TALENT is a work of art from Baccarat and comes in its own limited edition humidor, hand-crafted from mahogany and ebony, and exclusive crystal tulip glasses. An exceptional cognac for an exceptional gentleman with impeccable tastes should be paired accordingly.
- Maison Gautier, Extra 1755
- Last, but certainly not least on our list, is the most exclusive cognac from Maison Gautier. Extra 1755 combines some of the oldest and rarest eaux-de-vies collected over the extensive history of the Distillery to create a world-class cognac that won Double Gold at the 2016 San Francisco World Spirits Competition. The smooth and woody taste dances with an aroma of vanilla and floral accents, pairing well with a rich or sweet cigar.