Mexico is known for having some great resorts and beaches to visit for a nice break from the hustle and bustle of our busy lives but there are actually some exquisite restaurant options away from the tourist areas. If you find yourself passing through Mexico City, why not check out some of the best spots for fine dining? Whether you’re looking for authentic Mexican cuisine or some of your favorites from around the world, Mexico City is certain to have the perfect place.
These are five of our favorite spots to break bread in Mexico
- World class chef Jorge Vallejo and his wife Alejandra Flores run this fabulous restaurant ranked higher on Restaurant magazine’s “World’s Fifty Best Restaurants” list than any other in Mexico. After gaining experience from some of the finest restaurants in the world, the chef and his wife opened Quintonil with the mission of preserving traditional Latin cuisine and serving dishes inspired from trips around small communities throughout Latin America.
- Chef Enrique Olvera serves up contemporary Latin dishes with influences from different cultures around the world. The facility offers private rooms for events or business meetings and a beautiful terrace perfect for drinks and a more relaxed and intimate environment.
- Sir Winston Churchill’s
- Once the shock of finding British fine dining in the heart of Mexico City wears off, you’ll find yourself at a converted mansion that would look at home in the heart of London. Rest assured, the food quality and ambiance are no gimmick. It may seem far from home but the Beef Wellington, Yorkshire Pudding, and plethora of traditional British desserts are all fit to serve the Queen.
- Alfredo Di Roma
- If you happen to be in the mood for pasta, Alfredo Di Roma serves up some of the finest traditional Italian cuisine you’ll find anywhere in Mexico. The restaurant’s namesake dish is an easy recommendation but the menu does not shy away from even the most complex Italian dishes.
- Chef Edgar Núñez serves both traditional delicacies such as Beef tongue, turkey, duck and fish, as well as extensive vegan options at SUD777. The atmosphere is also exceptional, with a serviceable selection of champagnes and wine list covering many Latin American countries as well as imports from around the world. The abundance of options makes this a great choice if you’re feeling adventurous or need to please several different pallets.