A luxurious home can conjure up many images: a million-dollar penthouse, a stylish celebrity pad, or a hilltop mansion equipped with every luxury known to man. But if these things are not quite in reach yet, it certainly doesn’t mean you can’t afford luxury or a home that exudes a luxe vibe. Just a few simple touches can make all the difference and you don’t need a big budget.
Get the look of luxury for your man cave or dream home with these 3 tips:
- Ambient Lighting
- Harsh overhead lighting can be a killer of ambiance. It’s really important to get the lighting right because how a space looks and feels has a lot to do with ambient lighting. To get your lighting perfectly soft and diffused, lamps are the perfect solution, particularly those that have multiple light settings. From hanging lamp fixtures, tabletop lamps, to upright floor lamps, there are many options to choose from.
- Pottery Barn offers some great lamps, particularly their Estelle Stacked Glass Table Lamp that has two different heights to choose from and their Adeline Crystal Ambient Accent Lamp, a non-traditional take on the table lamp. Other ways to add ambient lighting to your home include overhead lighting with dimmer switches that control the level of brightness or decorative votives. Flameless battery-operated votives are really great because you can display them in different ways and set them on a timer.
- Antique Touches
- The pieces you use in your home, whether they be a chair, table, or small accents, can help add a vibe of luxury to a space. They don’t necessarily have to be expensive just in good shape. The right antique can bring a room from flat to grandeur instantly. Depending on your overall design scheme, adding antique furniture can be a challenge, however.
- If your design aesthetic happens to be ultra-modern, for instance, it is probably safest to opt for an antique mirror as they are easy to integrate into most types of décor. Antique mirrors also add depth to a space, making it appear larger than it actually is, and they are great at adding drama and a focal point to the room.
- Opt for Warm Colors
- For a warm and inviting space that feels luxurious, warm colors can work magic. As you probably already know, colors play into our psychology and have an impact on how we feel. On the most basic level of the spectrum we have dark and light. Dark colors add mystery and have dark emotional connotation attached to them, while white and neutral colors have the opposite effect, portraying simplicity and understated elegance.
- But besides adding white or neutral tones to your space, don’t be afraid of color. Yellows, oranges and reds can make your home feel intimate and cozy, while greens and greys create the feeling of serenity and calmness. Keep your pops of color looking luxurious by using sophisticated fabrics like silks and velvet.