If you’re a gentleman that loves a nice cup of fresh brewed coffee to set the day in motion, carry you through a long afternoon meeting, or to keep you company during late nights at the office, then today we’ve got quite a treat for you. While these might be some fairly pricey beans, the flavor, quality, source, and sustainability justify the expense. Whether you’re a fan of espresso, only go for slow drip, use a moka pot, or prefer a French press, we’ve got you covered…
Check out 5 of our favorite premium coffee beans and live your best brew life:
- Blue Mountain Coffee
- Jamaica’s Blue Mountain coffee is pretty legendary. It’s grown high up on the mountain and the availability is pretty low due to the difficulty of harvesting these brilliant beans. Expect a delectably rich, smooth and slightly sweet flavor profile somewhere between fruity and floral, but beware of the imitators selling inferior products for bargain prices trying to capitalize on the fame of real Blue Mountain Coffee.
- Toraja Sulawesi Coffee
- These 100% arabica beans are grown on the island of Sulawesi in Indonesia. The Toraja have a long history of cultivating their families venerable trees and have established a reputation for growing some of the world’s finest sweet and mellow coffees. If you want a brew that is perfect for breakfast or dessert, you’ll be hard pressed to find a better pairing than Toraja Sulawesi Coffees.
- Death Wish Coffee
- Sometimes we all need a little help waking up or staying productive during the final push of a big project. This is where Death Wish Coffee comes in. You should expect strong and bold flavors as this is marketed as the strongest coffee in the world. There is no lack of quality here and yes their beans really do have several times more caffeine than the typical cup of joe. You’ll likely be pleasantly surprised as well at the relatively low acidity for such a potent brew.
- Koa Coffee
- Hawaii’s Kona region is about as famous as Jamaica’s Blue Mountain for producing some of the finest and most sought after coffee in the world. Koa is easily one of the most trustworthy sources for quality Kona beans and has never disappointed us. Expect a mild, sweet brew with a decent bite of acidity which makes for quite a vibrant and refreshing cup.
- Tanzania Peaberry Coffee
- If you are a fan of bold and biting brew, then Tanzania Peaberry Coffee will suit you nicely. These potent and flavorful beans are harvested from the side of Mount Kilimanjaro and offer all of the kick that you would expect from anything coming off of an active volcano.