Whether you’re a kitchen aficionado or a man who doesn’t have the time to cook at all, there are some great apps out there ready and waiting to help you get your next meal on the table. From food delivery to meal prep, culinary skill sharpening to restaurant guides, these five fabulous apps are our must haves for the experienced foodie or aspiring gourmet.
If you’re a foodie, don’t miss out on these 5 gourmet Apps:
- Caviar is a super convenient food delivery app designed for those who love the luxury lifestyle. With this convenient app, you can have seriously incredible food delivered to you in NYC, Boston, Los, Angeles, Dallas, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco, and other major cities in the US.For a gourmet meal to satisfy a man of any taste, there’s no need to drive around, call for service, or search online for menus. Caviar streamlines the entire process from browsing the offerings of nearby upscale restaurants, through easily placing an order, and to tracking it with real-time GPS.
- Taking takeout to the next level of sophistication is what the Munchery app does best. It’s perfect for any man wanting healthy, delicious food, without the hassle of cooking or grocery shopping. Special dietary needs are not a problem, either: Munchery caters to vegetarians, gluten-free diets, and even picky children.What truly makes Munchery so unique is the fact that their priority is using ingredients that are local, organic, and sustainable. When it comes to meat and fish, they source antibiotic-free and wild-caught fish whenever possible. The food is prepared fresh by top local chefs, and delivered by their own staff of drivers to your home or office.
- It’s also ideal for the weight-conscious – they provide a full list of nutritional information so you never have to wonder how many calories your meal is packing. Similar to the Caviar app, you always know where your delivery driver is so there are no surprises. The service is available in New York, Seattle, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
- MacGourmet Deluxe
- Ever wondered if there was a simple way to create, organize, and share the recipes you’ve worked hard at perfecting? The MacGourmet Deluxe app is the king of recipe management, allowing you to show off your skillset and to keep yourself organized without the clutter of books or scraps of paper.The app allows you to create an easy to update, organized recipe collection digitally, including images, so there’s no need to create recipe cards or thumb through them when cooking or planning an impressive meal.
- To make it even better, the app has three additional plugins: the Nutrition feature, which pulls USDA nutritional data (i.e. servings, calories, nutritional values) to help you support your fitness; the Cookbook Builder feature, which creates your own printable cookbook with your recipes (seriously impressive as gifts); and the Mealplan feature, which helps you lay out meals from beginning of the day to the end, a huge part of saving time and great for supplementing your gym routine.
- Blue Apron
- Maybe you’re a guy who enjoys cooking, but needs a little help with the process – if this sounds like you, there’s a fabulous app called Blue Apron that can help any gourmet foodie who wants to move up to chef.Through the Blue Apron app, you can have customized meal kits delivered right to your door, saving you the time and hassle of running to the grocery store to prepare for your next meal. For a busy lifestyle, it can be a real life-saver that allows you to enjoy cooking with minimal hassle.
- All ingredients are premium, farm-fresh, and delivered in a chilled box with two size options: a 2-person or 4-person meal kit. The menu features a rotation of delicious meals like Orange-Miso Chicken, Maple-Harissa Pork Chops, Beef Bolognese, or Seared Chicken and Sour Cherry Sauce, and very affordable – under $60 for 3 recipes a week. Delivery is free, and best of all: they deliver to all locations in the continental U.S.
- As an added bonus, you get access to over 1,400 Blue Apron recipes, cooking tips and how-to videos… It’s no wonder the app is voted one of Apple’s Top 25.
- True Foodies
- If you’re serious about cooking or love dining out in the best restaurants, the True Foodies app was made for you. It offers a restaurant guide with recommendations by top chefs and a wine database with over 2500 wines to give you some great ideas for meal pairings, which is a huge help when ordering to impress for meetings or dates.
- There are also recipes to browse by famous chefs to try out at home, and the ability to show off your food to other foodies and chefs on the platform. Thanks to their latest updates, you can now take video cooking classes at home, taught by top culinary school professors to sharpen your cooking skills.It’s not just an app… it’s the first global foodie social network. True Foodies features 8 languages and 155 countries, bringing together chefs, aficionados, and restaurants from all parts of the world.