It takes some thought and consideration when selecting the perfect humidor for your space. There are so many options to choose from, the sky is the limit when it comes to shopping for a humidor. They sell for as little as $50, on up to the thousands. But hey, if you have an expensive luxury cigar collection worth thousands of dollars why not store them in a beautiful humidor that’s worthy of your cigars? Some humidors are simply made to store cigars, while others are truly a work of art.
Let’s explore some of the finest cigar humidors that money can buy
- Mr. Knox Humidor by Stephan Siepermann, 2017 – $3,977
- This beautiful handmade cigar case has a lot of personality. Its contemporary, unique design provides a fun and unexpected way to store your cigar collection. As the name ‘Mr. Knox’ implies, it was crafted to look like a vault by the artist Stephan Siepermann. The exterior is crafted from walnut, lacquered to a high-gloss finish, and the interior is made of aromatic Spanish cedar. It comes with three adjustable boards, six Spanish cedar wood blocks shaped like gold bars to prevent cigars from rolling, adjustable ventilation openings for humidity regulation, and pre-calibrated hair hygrometer.
- 19th Century Gilt Bronze Humidor – $4,200
- This compact box-style humidor is like a golden treasure chest for your cigars. Made of steel, wood, and gilt bronze it is truly a rare, one-of-a-kind piece that can’t be replicated, as it’s a historic piece of history dating back to the 19th century when E.F. Caldwell & Co created it in 1890 in New York. It is still in excellent condition, however, and it’s gilding has been recently refreshed to look its very best.
- Italian Art-Deco Humidor – $9,500
- This Italian-made humidor is another work of art that can store your cigars stylishly. Silver plated and reminiscent of the art-deco era, it depicts a battle between the Trojans and the Amazons from the Bassae Frieze with a cage-like lid. If you love antiques, you’ll probably find this piece irresistible – it dates back to 1920, the time of the Roaring Twenties and the Great Gatsby.
- Rare Daniel Marshall Solid Sterling Rose Gold Covered Humidor – $19,995
- Sometimes, beautiful things come in small packages, and that’s certainly the case with this rare, solid sterling rose gold-covered humidor. The handmade work or art is made by the famous artist Daniel Marshall in Florence, Italy with 18-karat gold plating and Sterling silver .925. Weighing under seven pounds, it can be stored virtually anywhere. Also, it has a 100- cigar capacity, and it’s hand-signed and numbered by Daniel Marshall himself.
- Elie Bleu Gargoyle 350 Cigar Cabinet Humidor – Limited Edition Series – $40,000
- The Limited Edition Gargoyle humidor series from Elie Bleu features an artful display of sculpted gargoyles from renown Notre Dame Cathedral. You can fit 350 Corona-sized cigars in this beautiful work of art, featuring a royal ebony wood exterior, matte black Sycamore base, Spanish cedar interior, 4 drawers and 4 trays, humidification system, and ashtray. Only twelve pieces were produced.