Sometimes, your best accessory isn’t your favorite pair of jeans, your best pair of dress shoes, or a slick pair of designer shades. One of the best accessories a man can have is a great smile! If you like to keep your teeth pearly white, you probably commit to brushing at least twice a day. But whoever said you had to use an ordinary toothbrush?
There are a number of options that are so luxurious and unique you really have to see them to believe they exist. If high-end toothbrushes that can’t be found at the drugstore or pharmacy suit your fancy, we have found some pretty incredible ones that are anything but ordinary. In fact, these toothbrushes make a statement about who you are, leaving no doubt that you have excellent taste, even down to your oral hygiene.
5 of the most luxurious toothbrushes to keep your smile looking its best:
- For the Stylish: The Oub Tortoiseshell Toothbrush,$48
- If you’ve ever wished you had more color options for your toothbrush, the stylish Oub Tortoiseshell Toothbrush from Buly 1803 may be the one for you. This faux tortoiseshell is handcrafted in Italy and has a large natural silk bristle head that cleans your teeth while being gentle on your gums.
- We think it’s one of the most fashion-forward oral hygiene tools we’ve seen yet, and it’s one of the few we’ve found that you can match to your comb. Yes, indeed, for all you sophisticated gentlemen out there, you’ll really appreciate the fact Buly 1803 offers a selection of fine tortoiseshell combs to match. When your lady spends the night and sees this stylish toothbrush hanging in your toothbrush holder, she’s sure to be impressed.
- For the Gadget-Obsessed: Philips Sonicare DiamondClean,$375
- For those of you who are gaga for gadgets, consider a toothbrush you won’t soon get bored with for a lack of tech-savviness, the DiamondClean model by Philips Sonicare. This electric toothbrush makes the standard, non-electric variety seem so-last-century with all of its smart features.
- The AdaptiveClean brush head gets in all those nooks and crannies to help prevent cavities and tooth decay; 5 brushing modes deliver an outstanding clean, ranging from Sensitive to Deep Clean; and the one-touch power and mode selection makes it easy to turn off and on and switch between brushing modes.
- Not only is it cool to use, it promises to remove up to 10 times more plaque than other toothbrushes and improve gum health in just two weeks. It comes in four colors: white, black, pink, and white with gold trim, and a handy travel charging case comes with it so you never have to worry about the battery dying on you while away from home.
- For the Eco-Friendly: Humble Brush, $5
- Who knew saving the planet was as easy as brushing your teeth with the right toothbrush? The Humble Brush is perfect for the eco-conscious consumer because it is made out of 100% biodegradable bamboo that’s sustainable-grown and packaged in recyclable materials. We shouldn’t have to choose between clean teeth and a healthy environment, and luckily, we don’t have to anymore.
- The Sweden-based toothbrush company, The Humble Co., is forging its own rebellion against ordinary personal hygiene products, creating their own with the environment in mind. Besides toothbrushes, they also make eco-friendly products like dental floss, toothpaste, cotton swabs, and tongue cleaners.
- Still not sold on the idea of using an eco-friendly toothbrush? Well, check out this fact: Just in the United States alone, it is believed a staggering one billion or more toothbrushes are added to landfills each year. (That’s a lot of toothbrushes!) That’s why companies like The Humble Co. are making it their mission to replace the standard plastic toothbrushes most of us use with bamboo alternatives.
- Bamboo toothbrushes are a much better way to protect the planet because bamboo itself breaks down in a fraction of the time. Also, because bamboo is a natural material, nasty chemicals that are used in plastic aren’t going to be leaching into our water supply. As the company reminds us, “there is no Planet B”. We only have the planet we live on, so we must make a point to care for it.
- For the Traveler at Heart: The FOREO ISSA 2, $188
- The elegant Foreo Issa 2 makes travelling easier with its compact design and durable silicone construction. If you prefer using an electric toothbrush, we highly recommend this one because one single charge will last you one full year. Yea, you heard right – charge this baby up and you’ll be good to go for the next 365 days- no more running out of battery with a mouth full of toothpaste!
- This 8-speed electric toothbrush is perfect to travel with for that very reason. Forget having to pack yet another charger into your luggage, as long as it’s charged, all you’ll need to pack is the toothbrush.
- But besides how travel-friendly it is, it’s got some other perks, too. The fact it’s made entirely out of ultra-soft silicone means it’s comfortable to hold while you brush away, and it’s naturally anti-bacterial.
- For the Art Collector: The Apriori Diamond Black, $22,000
- If there were ever a toothbrush that required an insurance policy, it would certainly be the super-luxurious Apriori Diamond Black. It’s like a mini sculpture in black ceramic and gold for your bathroom vanity, decked out with 512 pave diamonds that sparkle and shine with every turn.Every inch of this toothbrush, from the bristles to the base, emanates sophistication. Although it comes with a hefty price tag, the bristle heads are much more economical to replace at $47 each. The company, Apriori, makes other fine toothbrushes but this model is their most expensive and glamorous to date.
- How is this uber-expensive toothbrush made? At Apriori, they have a team of artisans who are experienced in crafting jewelry. They hand finish, engrave, and oversee all the assembly procedures of the Diamond Black edition toothbrushes. (It only takes 18 hours!) While most people may never be able to afford one of these beauties, a man can dream, right?