There are areas of our lives in which many of us simply refuse to compromise. The most discerning audiophiles know the right setup for any given situation makes all of the difference in the world when it comes to sound quality. A practiced ear and uncompromising equipment can change a desktop experience from simply listening to a recording, to reliving some of the greatest moments in history at your own convenience. Here is our selection of some of the finest audio equipment for the best sound anywhere:
5 Incredible Quality Headphones Worth the Price
- Klipsch – Heritage HP-3
- The wooden design and warm, earthy aesthetics of these cans give them a genuinely unique look. The versatility and ease of use are equally appealing, too. Most high-grade headphones are going to require external amplification to power the device but Klipsch has specifically engineered these beauties to work out of the box with nearly any device with a headphone jack and produce a surprisingly clear arrangement for the price.
- Focal – Utopia
- The soundscape the Utopia is able to create is simply divine. This model excels for use in a private home theater and with a proper amplifier. It can make all the difference between watching and experiencing a movie. It should be noted, these are not ideal for noisy environments but when used with the proper setup and in the right environment, they produce a level of immersion that is simply out of this world.
- Master & Dynamic – MW60
- It’s not often that a wireless headset is classified as an audiophile quality device but the MW60 is no ordinary wireless headset. The over-ear design and embedded microphone make this option the ideal solution for switching between video or music production and straight into taking a business call. Master & Dynamic headsets don’t sacrafice quality for convenience, either. The MW60 offers a full dynamic range from 5-25,000 Hz, noise-isolating dual microphone, holds a sixteen hour charge, and features luxurious lambskin draped memory foam pads to breathe as well as they isolate sound.
- AKG – K872
- The K872 is ideal for seeking the most immersive experience possible in a less than serene environment. The closed design is better for blocking out the noise of the world than say, the Utopia, and the AKG cans create a respectable atmosphere. You will need to pair these with an external amplifier but when trying to make the best of a less than ideal environment, you will be hard-pressed to find better quality acoustics than AKG.
- Sennheiser – HE 1
- The most discerning audiophiles are probably familiar with Sennheiser’s Orpheus. If you have an enormous budget to spend on the absolute best quality headphones money can buy, look no further. HE 1 is the successor to Orpheus and extends Sennheiser’s legacy of offering the most luxurious and high quality headphones in existence. The headphones and amplifier are housed on top of a solid block of Carrara marble and feature nothing short of the finest materials available and world class engineering. The £51,000 price tag makes these easily the most expensive headphones in the world and quite the status symbol for any distinguished audiophile.