When you’re getting ready to hit the road, it can be a bit stressful trying to figure out what to bring and what to leave behind. Even when you get packing down to a science and know all the best ways to get the most out of your limited storage space, sacrifices have to be made to keep your luggage travel ready. We’re always on the lookout for convenient gadgets that not only have a serious positive impact on our quality of life on the go, but also don’t take up much real estate in our bags.
3 of our absolute must-have devices that follow adventures, wherever they go:
- Bose Sleepbuds $249
- These little treasures are great whether you’re on the road or at home, but they’re so tiny and travel-friendly that they always tag along on our adventures. When on a noisy train or plane, the Sleepbuds can create a soundscape that will put you into another world entirely, and the small form factor even makes them great for wearing through sleep. There’s almost no profile at all, which can be a problem with other earbuds and certainly with full headphones.
- Some of the cool features the Sleepbuds offer are pre-loaded sounds, a wake up alarm, and since they’re wireless they are that much more comfortable to use. There are many different soothing sounds to choose from, including “Downstream” which sounds like a gentle flowing stream; “Swell”, the sound of crashing waves, “Campfire”, a soothing crackle of fire and chirping crickets, and more. Just put them in, turn on some relaxing music or ambient noise, and wake up when you get to where you’re going.
- Pocketalk Voice Translator $299
- It’s easy to be dependent on our smartphones when traveling to foreign countries and trying to communicate with the locals, but anyone that has ever used this method knows it can be problematic for a number of reasons. Pocketalk partners with leading language technology companies to keep their products at the forefront of the market and deliver unparalleled service quality. This model comes with its own built-in data package so it’s ready to use for almost any language whenever you need it.
- Plus, it has two built-in speakers, touch screen, rechargeable battery, and Bluetooth and WiFi capability. It comes in white, gold, and black, and features over 74 languages so that you can communicate with people in over 120 different countries. If you travel to foreign countries, this is one of the most helpful gadgets you can bring along with you.
- DJI Osmo Pocket $349
- If you like to take videos or vlog your adventures, the DJI Osmo Pocket is a real lifesaver. It attaches to Android or iPhone and offers one of the most stable, high-quality video experiences you can get in a package this tiny. It’s one of our favorite devices for documenting our travels and sharing them with friends and family, and it easily fits in the palm of our hand.
- This powerful tool is made for movement with three distinct stabilization features: Gimbal stabilization, electronic stabilization, and optical image stabilization. The device has a battery life of 2.3 hours, and it a noiseless cooling system that lets you safely use it outdoors without worrying about overheating. It’s so lightweight and portable we think it’s just the thing to pack on your next journey.