When thinking about visiting a luxury resort in Central America, most of us immediately jump to mental images of sunny tropical beaches and margaritas, but there are quite a few quality, high-end golf courses worth visiting as well. At some of them, you can even get the best of both worlds where you can book an early morning tee time and be lounging on the beach all afternoon. Of course, the delicious foods and amazing culture of the region add to the experience, making for a unique golf getaway.
If you think you’re up for it, here are our three favorite golf resorts in Central America worth a visit:
- Llao Llao Hotel and Resort
- In Bariloche, Argentina, Llao Llao offers a scenic country getaway where you can relax while reconnecting with nature. What it lacks in tropical beaches, the Llao Llao Hotel and Resort more than makes up for in majestic forests, mountains, and lakes. It’s a picturesque setting that is more than photo-worthy, and many of the rooms have mountain views.
- The landscape surrounding the resort is a living tapestry that changes palettes with the seasons, and the panoramic view of the Nahuel Huapi National Park surrounding the golf course is simply divine. The resort features the expected fine dining and luxury spa experiences, but depending on the time of year, activities range from fly fishing to mountain excursions and skiing, which makes the resort great to visit year round.
- The Buenaventura Golf & Beach Resort
- Those looking for an idyllic beach resort, world-class golfing experience designed by a legend, as well as a top-notch luxury accommodations will find themselves right at home in The Buenaventura. This Marriott Boutique in Riviera Pacifica, Panama boasts a beautiful Spanish-Colonial design with suites that are modern and understated chic.
- People come from all over the world to play golf here at The Buenaventura, and it’s no wonder why. The course was designed by the golfing icon Jack Nicklaus, and it’s easily one of the finest in Central America. This 18-hole par-72 course is not only a fun challenge for any golf-lover, you can easily lose yourself in the lush tropical surroundings and seascape views.
- Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo
- While the Four Seasons brand is undeniably synonymous with luxury resorts, this gem on Costa Rica’s Peninsula Papagayo is truly something else. Literally surrounded by a paradise of tropical beaches and featuring one of Arnold Palmer’s most unique courses, the site makes for a golfing trip you won’t soon forget.
- With accolades from Conde Nast, Travel and Leisure, Golf Digest, and now us, it’s clear to see why this is one of the premier golfing destinations in Central America. There’s even plenty of activities to keep any non-golfing traveling companions busy while you get intimately acquainted with the course.